Learn, Grow, Connect
Learning, growing, and connecting with others around God's Word is foundational to a joyful and purposeful Christian life. There are so many ways to learn, grow, and connect in friendship and faith in Jesus Christ. Take a look, pray about what God has for you this fall, and let us know how we can help connect you more deeply in community and faith through any of the opportunities you see here.
- Sunday Morning Classes
Sunday morning classes at Grace are a place to belong, to share, and to grow in Christ as a faith family. Love God with your mind and your heart as you study God's Word with others in a Sunday School class! We kick-off a new Bible study series, God is Faithful on Sunday, September 8!
December 22, 10:15am
Combined Adult Sunday School Class in Massey-Tucker Fellowship Hall
"Expecting God: Mary's Call Story" with Rev. Katie Cummings
Join us as we explore Mary's amazing invitation to be part of God's story in a way that would transform the world. How did she, and how might we, respond when God interrupts our lives with good news that invites a life-changing response? Our Scripture text for the morning is Luke 1:26-38. Let us prepare to celebrate the coming of Christ into the world and into our lives!
Classes meet from 10:15 - 11:00 a.m.
God is Faithful
September 8 - December 22
At the heart of the Bible's story is a relationship between God and people, sparked by God's love, sustained by God's promises, and sealed by God's covenant faithfulness. In this Bible study adapted from the Kerygma series, God is Faithful, we will explore God's love and faithfulness from Abraham through Moses, David and the prophets in the Old Testament — all the way to its fullness in Jesus Christ in the New Testament.
- Bridges, MTH 103: Parents in their 40s, sharing life and leaning on God's Word together. Caring for and encouraging each other and our families as our kids move into teen years.
- Challengers, McKechnie Dining Room: Focused Bible study discussion around the table in a caring group of all ages.
- Dayspring, MTH 203: Open to all ages and stages. A caring community with engaging teaching and discussion.
- Discipulado, Massey-Tucker Fellowship Hall-C: Spanish language Bible study for all ages in a family friendly community.
- Fellowship, MTH 101: Wonderful teaching in an active and loving group. Most are nearing or enjoying an active retirement.
- Harmony, SB 108 Handbell Room: Come at 10:05 a.m. for Bible study, prayer and community building before heading to chancel choir warm-up at 10:45am.
- Home Improvement, Massey-Tucker Fellowship Hall B: Parents in their 30s and 40s, sharing honestly life's joys and struggles, and God's deep love for us.
- Horizons, Molly Ann Smith Building: A large class with lively discussion, caring community, and fun monthly gatherings.
- Open House, MTH 102: Younger couples making fresh connections at Grace. Strengthening our faith and our relationships in Christ as we study the Bible and share life together.
- Seekers, Grace School Library: Welcoming all ages and stages to share God's Word in a smaller group setting around the table.
- Voyagers, EB 117, Multi-Purpose Room: Engaging teaching in a large class, most are age 50 or better. Active prayer and care for one another throughout the week.
- Wednesday Mornings
Strugglers Bible Study
Are you an early riser? Come for early morning inspiration and fellowship with the Strugglers! Strugglers continue their study of The NIV Harmony of the Gospels, the 1988 edition based on the NIV and prepared by Robert L. Thomas and Stanley N. Gundry. This book is available from Amazon for $23.99 new, or used as low as $13.00. Healthy breakfast snacks are provided. What better way to start your day? Join us!
- September 4 - December 4; resumes in January
- 6:30 a.m. in the McKechnie Dining Room
- Teacher: Jerry Hanlon, Jerry.Hanlon@morganstanleysmithbarney.com
- Wednesday Nights
Movies That Matter
When was the last time you enjoyed a great movie with friends? There is much to be learned from examining movies for their life lessons and biblical themes. It's fun, and the popcorn is free! We start a new movie every 2 weeks, so you can come anytime. Join us, and bring a friend! See you at Movies that Matter.
- September 11 - December 4
- 7:00 - 8:30 p.m., MTH 101
- Facilitator: Keith Fletcher, 713-932-8562, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here to register online
Christian Classics Book Study
Join Rev. Dr. Doug Harper for a journey through inspiring and thoughtful Christian book classics. In recent gatherings, we have discussed classics such as Paradise Lost by John Milton, Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan, and Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. For more information on this year's classic study, contact Dr. Harper. Is is always fun, thoughtful and inspiring! Join us!
- For Men
- For Women
- Thursday Mornings
Isaiah: Trusting God in Troubled Times
Do you ever read the news and wonder about the trouble and suffering in the world? Or maybe those hard times are part of your story right now. Are you seeking a word of hope? In the Old Testament book of Isaiah, you'll discover that trouble and suffering are not new to the human experience. Isaiah calls for revival in the midst of a troubling society, and looks to God to bring restoration even in the toughest times. The 22-week study guide is by Howard Peskett. The guide is $8, and available the first day of class.
- Young Marrieds Group
A group of young married couples meets every other Monday evening in homes for casual dinner, fellowship, and study. For more information, contact Keeke Russo at email@example.com.
- Young Adult Singles Group
This group of young single adults meets every other Monday for dinner, fellowship, and Bible study at the home of Ken and Edie Purgason. Monthly opportunities to serve the community are a passion of this group! Find encouragement as we share and connect in Christ. Come join us! Contact Kevin Kiniry at firstname.lastname@example.org for the latest.